PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 20 oz pineapple rings in juice
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Melt ½ cup butter in a pot.
- Stir in 1 cup brown sugar and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue boiling for 1 minute. Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Drain pineapple rings, reserving ½ cup of the juice.
- Place pineapple rings into the bottom of your pan. Place a cherry in the middle of each ring. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat softened butter, sugar and ½ cup brown sugar until well combined. Add eggs and blend well.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture. Beat until well combined.
- While still mixing, add milk and ½ cup of the reserved pineapple juice and almond extract.
- Carefully spread batter over pineapple slices.
for full instructions you can go to : https://lilluna.com