This Fried Chicken Recipe Is So Deliciously Comfort Food
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coarse kosher salt
- 6 cups cold ice water
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chicken shake*, plus additional for serving
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup semolina flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Peanut oil for frying
- ¼ cup berbere
- ¼ cup hot smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, add 2 cups of water and the salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve all the salt. Remove from heat and pour into a larger pot/container.
- Add the ice water into the pot to cool. Add the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 ½ hours.
- Prepare the chicken shake. In a small bowl, whisk together all the chicken shake ingredients. Makes about 1 cup that will keep for 6 months. Store in a jar out of the light.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, whisk together buttermilk, coconut milk, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of chicken shake. Remove the chicken from the saltwater, dab on paper towels to remove excess liquid, then add into the buttermilk marinade. Roll to coat each piece. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Fill a large cast iron pan ⅔-full with peanut oil over medium-high heat. Heat to 360˚F.
for full instructions you can go to : https://www.buzzfeed.com