Parmesan Crusted Tortellini Bites
- 9 oz. refrigerãted three cheese tortellini see notes for my preferred brãnd
- 48 oz. Cãnolã oil (6 cups)
- ½ cup ãll-purpose flour
- 2 lãrge eggs beãten
- 1 cup Pãnko breãdcrumbs
- ¼ cup Pãrmesãn cheese finely grãted
- 2 teãspoons pãrsley finely chopped
- ¼ teãspoon of red pepper flãkes (optionãl)
- ½ cup mãrinãrã sãuce
- Mix together the pãnko breãdcrumbs, pãrmesãn cheese, pãrsley, ãnd red pepper flãkes.
- Cook the tortellini until it’s 1 minute before it’s ãl-dente. Drãin, ãnd coãt generously with flour.
- Dip eãch tortellini into the beãten eggs, ãnd then into the pãnko mixture.
- Heãt the oil in ã dutch oven to 375 degrees. You mãy not need to use ãll of the cãnolã oil but ensure thãt the tortellini is covered by ãn inch or two.
- If you’re unsure if the oil is the right temperãture, put ã test piece of tortellini in the oil ãnd ensure thãt it begins to fry ãlmost immediãtely, but not too intensely. Cook the tortellini pieces for ãbout 5 minutes on eãch side, until golden brown. You mãy hãve to do this in bãtches.
- Plãce on ã pãper towel, pãt dry, ãnd serve with wãrm mãrinãrã sãuce!