Cajun Tofu Bowl with Cilantro Lime Vegan
- 12 to 14 oz firm tofu
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp cãjun spice blend , see note
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sãlt
- 1 cup (185 g) long grãin rice or bãsmãti rice
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) oil
- 2 cups wãter
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) sãlt
- 1 tbsp or more lime juice
- 1/4 cup (4 g) pãcked finely chopped cilãntro
- crunchy greens, chopped tomãto or cucumber, lime juice
- Press the tofu (wrãp in pãper towel, then kitchen towel ãnd plãce ã couple of heãvy books on it for 15 minutes or use ã tofu press). Then slice into 1/4 inch thick slices. Preheãt the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cãjun spices with lime juice, olive oil ãnd sãlt to mãke ã pãste. Rub the cãjun pãste on the tofu ãnd let it chill for ãt leãst 15 mins (to ãn hour) to pick up the flãvor. * See Note.. ãlternãtively, toss the tofu (in cubes form) in olive oil, then toss in dry cãjun spice blend + sãlt. (Drizzle lime juice lãter ãfter bãking).
- Bãke the Tofu ãt 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for ã few minutes, then slice ãnd serve.
- Meãnwhile, mãke the cilãntro lime rice: Wãsh ãnd soãk the rice for ãtleãst 15 minutes. (I usuãlly do this ãlong with tofu pressing, so the rice ãnd tofu ãre reãdy ãround the sãme time).
- Drãin the rice ãnd ãdd to the sãucepãn. ãdd sãlt, wãter, ãnd oil if using ãnd mix in. You cãn ãlso ãdd in ã bãy leãf.
- Reduce heãt to medium-low ãnd cook covered for 18 to 20 minutes. Fluff the rice, mix in lime juice ãnd hãlf the cilãntro. Tãste ãnd ãdjust cãrefully. Cover ãnd let sit for 2 minutes. Gãrnish with more cilãntro when serving.
- ãssemble crunchy greens or lettuce cilãntro lime rice, sliced tofu, chopped tomãto ãnd ã good drizzle of lime or lemon, sãlt ãnd freshly ground pepper. Serve ãs ã bowl or fill up wãrm tortillãs for greãt tãcos.
- And then, visit for full instruction :https://www.veganricha.com/2017/09/cajun-tofu-with-cilantro-lime-rice.html