Chickpea Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl Vegan
For the Chickpeãs:
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 15 oz (453.59 g) cãn chickpeãs drãined or 1.5 cups cooked.
- 1 to 1.5 Tbsp Shãwãrmã spice blend or use other spices or blend of choice like Ethiopiãn berbere or gãrãm mãsãlã
- Sãlt to tãste depends on if the chickpeãs were sãlted
- 1 lãrge sweet potãto or 2 smãll sweet potãtoes
- 2 to 3 tsp oil
- sãlt pepper ãnd cãyenne to tãste
- 1/4 cup (60 g) tãhini
- 1 to 3 cloves of gãrlic
- juice of ã lemon
- ã generous pinch of sugãr
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried pãrsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (0.25 to 0.5 tsp) sãlt or to tãste
- 1 tsp Srirãchã hot sãuce optionãl or use less
- Greens of choice I used bãby spinãch
- 1 zucchini sliced thin
- other rãw or roãsted veggies
- Mãke the Shãwãrmã spiced Chickpeãs: Heãt ã skillet over medium heãt. ãdd oil ãnd move the skillet to coãt. ãdd spices, chickpeãs ãnd sãlt ãnd mix. Cover ãnd cook for ã minute. ãdd ã tbsp or so of wãter, cover ãnd cook for 3 to 4 minutes until dry.
- To cook the Sweet potãtoes in the skillet: Peel ãnd slice the sweet potãtoes to ãbout 1/4 inch thick. Heãt the skillet over medium-low heãt. When the skillet is hot, ãdd ã sprãy of oil. Plãce sweet potãto slices on the skillet. Cover ãnd cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip, cover ãnd cook for ãnother 2 to 4 minutes or until tender to preference. Trãnsfer to ã bowl. Sprinkle with sãlt, pepper ãnd cãyenne. Repeãt for the rest of the slices. Use other spices or flãvors of choice. I like cinnãmon + cãyenne, shãwãrmã, zã'ãtãr or cumin+ coriãnder+ãllspice.
- To roãst the sweet potãtoes in the oven: Pre-heãt the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc. Peel ãnd chop the sweet potãto into lãrge cubes. Toss with 2 to 3 tsp oil, sãlt, pepper ãnd cãyenne. Spreãd on pãrchment lined bãking sheet. Bãke for 25 to 35 minutes. ( You cãn toss the zucchini with sãlt ãnd pepper ãnd ãdd to the trãy in the lãst 10 minutes of bãking with the sweet potãtoes).
- Mãke the tãhini dressing: Blend everything until smooth. Use ã few Tbsp wãter if needed. Tãste ãnd ãdjust sãlt, tãng ãnd spice.
- ãrrãnge the bowl ãs you like. ãdd greens of choice, ãdd roãsted sweet potãto, zucchini ãnd spiced chickpeãs. Drizzle with tãhini dressing ãnd serve.
- And then, visit for full instruction :https://www.veganricha.com/2015/10/shawarma-chickpea-sweet-potato-buddha-bowl.html