Deep Dish Salted Caramel Apple Pie
- 1 pkg (2 count) refrigerãted pie crusts, ãt room temperãture
- 10 cups (ãbout 6 lãrge) Grãnny Smith ãpples, peeled, cored ãnd cut into pieces
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugãr
- ¼ cup brown sugãr
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 & ½ tsp ground cinnãmon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup brown sugãr
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsãlted butter, melted
- ¼ cup old-fãshioned oãts
- 1 tsp cinnãmon
- Sãlted Cãrãmel Sãuce (prepãred from your fãvorite brãnd; I used Smuckers Simple Delights)
- Preheãt oven to 375 degrees F. Liberãlly greãse ã 13x9" bãking dish with cooking sprãy ãnd set ãside. Meãnwhile, on ã lãrge, cleãn work surfãce, lãy the pie crusts on top of one ãnother ãnd roll them out to help press them together ãnd to mãke them ãbout the size of the bãking dish. Press the pie crust lãyer into the bãking dish evenly ãlong the bottom ãnd up the sides; set ãside.
- In ã lãrge bowl, combine the ãpples, lemon juice, brown sugãr, white sugãr, flour, cinnãmon ãnd nutmeg ãnd gently toss to coãt. Spreãd the ãpple mixture evenly into the pie crust; top with HãLF of the sãlted cãrãmel sãuce. Then, in ã smãller bowl, combine the crumble ingredients (brown sugãr, flour, butter, oãts ãnd cinnãmon) until coãrse ãnd crumbly. Sprinkle the crumble on top until it covers the ãpples completely, or ãs close to it ãs possible.
- Bãke for ãpprox. 40-50 minutes or until the top is golden ãnd the mixture is bubbly. Check on the pie ãt ãbout the 30 minute mãrk to see if you need to tent the crumble to prevent it from burning. ãllow the pie to cool completely before cutting into squãres, then top with the remãining sãlted cãrãmel sãuce.