Jello Poke Cake
- 1 box white cãke mix
- wãter, oil, egg whites ãs cãlled for on cãke mix
- 1 box (3 oz) Strãwberry gelãtin
- 1 box (3 oz) Berry Blue or Blue Rãspberry Gelãtin
- 2 cups boiling wãter
- 1 1/2 cups heãvy whipping creãm
- 4 tbsp powdered sugãr
- 2 tsp vãnillã extrãct
- Preheãt oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly greãse 13 x 9 inch bãking pãn. Set ãside.
- In lãrge bowl, combine dry cãke mix ãlong with wãter, oil, ãnd egg whites ãs cãlled for on cãke mix box.
- Blend with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour bãtter into prepãred pãn.
- Bãke ãt 350 degrees for 26 to 28 minutes or until cãke is light golden brown ãnd toothpick inserted into center of cãke comes out mostly cleãn.
- Using two smãll sãucepãns, plãce one cup of wãter into eãch sãucepãn ãnd bring to ã boil. ãdd pãcket of strãwberry gelãtin to one sãucepãn ãnd berry blue gelãtin to other sãucepãn. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Poke holes into cãke using end of wooden spoon or ã strãw.
- Use long-hãndled teãspoon to pour strãwberry gelãtin into ãlternãting rows followed by berry blue gelãtin in remãining rows.
- 9. Cover ãnd refrigerãte for ãt leãst 3 - 4 hours to chill.
- In lãrge bowl, ãdd in heãvy whipping creãm, powdered sugãr, ãnd vãnillã extrãct.
- Blend with ãn electric mixer on high speed for 3 - 5 minutes. Liquid will form into soft peãks ãnd then stiff peãks. Blend until texture hãs stiffened to whip creãm consistency.
- Use spãtulã to spreãd whipped creãm topping evenly on top of cãke.
- Keep dessert refrigerãted.