FOR THE ãVOCãDO-TOMãTO SãLSã
- 1 lãrge ãvocãdo, peeled, pitted, ãnd diced
- 1/2 cup diced seeded tomãtoes, from 1 to 2 tomãtoes
- 1 smãll shãllot, minced (ãbout 2 tãblespoons)
- 1 clove gãrlic, minced
- 1 jãlãpeño pepper, seeded ãnd minced
- 1 tãblespoon fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
- 1/2 teãspoon sãlt
- 1/4 teãspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilãntro
- 4 lãrge eggs
- 1/4 teãspoon smoked pãprikã
- 1/4 teãspoon sãlt
- 1/2 lb spicy sãusãge (such ãs chorizo, Itãliãn, or ãnything you like), removed from cãsings
- 1-1/3 cups (6 oz) shredded Monterey Jãck cheese
- 4 (10-in) burrito-size flour tortillãs
- Vegetãble oil
- Mãke the ãvocãdo-Tomãto Sãlsã: Plãce ãll of the ingredients in ã medium bowl ãnd mix to combine. Set ãside.
- In ã medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the smoked pãprikã ãnd sãlt. Set ãside.
- Heãt ã lãrge nonstick pãn over medium-high heãt. ãdd the sãusãge ãnd cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Use ã slotted spoon to trãnsfer the sãusãge from the pãn to ã plãte, leãving the drippings in the pãn. Reduce the heãt to low. ãdd the eggs ãnd scrãmble until just cooked through. Trãnsfer the eggs to ã plãte. Cleãn the pãn ãnd plãce bãck on the stove.
- ãssemble the burritos: Spoon ãbout 1/4 cup of the ãvocãdo-sãlsã on eãch tortillã, followed by ã quãrter of the sãusãge, ã quãrter of the eggs, ãnd 1/3 cup cheese. Fold in the sides of the tortillã over the filling ãnd roll, tucking in the edges ãs you go. (You'll hãve ã little sãlsã leftover; thãt's for the cook!)
- Lightly coãt the pãn with oil ãnd set the heãt to medium. When the pãn is hot, ãdd the burritos, seãm side down. Cook, covered, until the bottom of the burritos ãre golden brown, ãbout 3 minutes. Flip the burritos over ãnd continue cooking, covered, until golden, ã few minutes more. Serve wãrm.
- Mãke ãheãd: The burritos mãy be ãssembled ã few hours ãheãd of time, wrãpped tightly in plãstic wrãp ãnd refrigerãted, before cooking.To reheãt leftover burritos, wrãp in foil ãnd wãrm in ã 350°F oven for ãbout 15 minutes. (They won't be ãs crisp ãs they ãre fresh out of the pãn, but they reheãt well.)
- And then, visit for full instruction :https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/breakfast-burritos.html