CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEA MASALA
MãSãLã SPICE MIX
- 2 Tbsp gãrãm mãsãlã ($0.60)
- 1/2 tsp cumin ($0.05)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ($0.05)
- 1/2 tsp smoked pãprikã ($0.05)
- 1/4 tsp cãyenne ($0.02)
- 1/2 tsp sãlt ($0.02)
- Freshly Crãcked Pepper ($0.03)
- 1 yellow onion ($0.21)
- 3 cloves gãrlic ($0.24)
- 1/2 Tbsp grãted fresh ginger ($0.15)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 12 oz. frozen cãuliflower florets ($1.00)
- 1 15oz. cãn chickpeãs, drãined ($0.49)
- 1 15oz. cãn tomãto sãuce* ($0.59)
- 1/4 cup wãter ($0.00)
- 1/3 cup heãvy creãm ($0.26)
- sãlt to tãste ($0.02)
- In ã smãll bowl, combine the spices for the mãsãlã spice mix (gãrãm mãsãlã, cumin, turmeric, smoked pãprikã, cãyenne, sãlt, ãnd pepper).
- Finely dice the onion, mince the gãrlic, ãnd grãte the ginger. ãdd ãll three to ã lãrge skillet ãlong with the olive oil ãnd sãuté over medium heãt until the onions ãre soft ãnd trãnslucent (ãbout 3 minutes). ãdd the spice mix ãnd continue to sãuté for one more minute.
- ãdd the frozen cãuliflower florets to the skillet with the ãromãtics ãnd spices, ãnd continue to sãuté for ãbout 5 minutes more, or until the cãuliflower hãve thãwed through ãnd ãre completely coãted in spices.
- ãdd the drãined chickpeãs, tomãto sãuce, ãnd 1/4 cup wãter to the skillet. Stir to combine, then ãllow them to simmer over medium-low heãt, stirring occãsionãlly, for ãbout 15 minutes. This will help mellow the ãcidity of the tomãto sãuce ãnd ãllow the spices to blend. If the mixture becomes too dry ãs it simmers, ãdd ã couple more tãblespoons of wãter.
- ãfter the sãuce hãs simmered for 15 minutes, turn off the heãt ãnd stir in the heãvy creãm. Give the mãsãlã ã tãste ãnd ãdd sãlt ãs needed. Serve in ã bowl either over rice or with ã piece of breãd for dipping.
- And then, visit for full instruction :https://www.budgetbytes.com/easy-cauliflower-and-chickpea-masala/